Formated Data Input Form

BigJohn

I have a One to Many form requirement which is definitely not new. My user
base is extremely computer averse, so making it look like a paper form is
what I need.

The many side has a specific format which is not a row.

I already have the display piece of this project built with a Repeater, but
found, even though I can build Textbox controls in a Repeater, I have yet to
figure out how to get at them.

What is the appropriate work around to show 0 to N rows repeated with a
specific form?

Thank you

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello John,

If you want to display a repeatable(may vary from single to multiple
numbers) form block on ASP.NET page, I think your current approach on using
repeater is reasonable. Repeater is a very flexible and easy to use
template databound control. You can define an ItemTemplate and then use the
DataSource(you can simply assign it an array and perform DataBind) to
control how many copies of the block(ItemTemplate) you want to display on
the page. for your concern on how to access TextBox(or any other controls)
inside repeater Template, I have posted some suggestion in your another
thread "Referencing Repeater Data in a User Control from a Page".
Actually, to access sub control in Repeater's ItemTemplate, you need to
first get reference to the Repeater control and loop through each
RepeaterItem and locate subcontrol from those RepeaterItems. I've also
posted some code snippet there..

If you have any further questions on this, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead