Forms Authentication adding new users programatically

Scott Roberts

How do you add new users programatically using Forms Authentication in
ASP.Net? There must be a way to do this besides editing the
web.config file by hand or attempting to modify the web.config file
using an XmlDataDocument.

This is a requirement I have to meet for a project Admin users must be
able to add new users. And since I'm using Forms Authentication to
bind the current user with roles stored in SQL server I'd hate to
abandon it.

Robert Wallström

You should put your users in a extern datasourc such as SQL servern or AD..
(If you use SQL-server, modell a data base wich connect users to groups..)
Then in your app. you could authenticate users against groups instead of
specific accounts..

This will result in that you dont need to do any changes in your app.(unless
you architecture of the app, changes) Instead you manipulate the users group
membership in your choosen datasource..