    disconnect between the application and the forms authentication?

    TIA
    Drew
    Drew, May 24, 2007

  2. On May 24, 7:43 pm, Drew <> wrote:
    > We are experiencing an issue where users who are authenticated and active in
    > an application are not getting redirected to a login screen when the
    > application restarts. Can anyone verify this is by design that there is a
    > disconnect between the application and the forms authentication?

    That's right. Forms authentication uses a Form Authentication ticket
    that is not expired after the application is restarted. The ticket is
    used to identify an authenticated user and it is created in a cookie
    (by default) when a user logs on to a site. The ticket is encrypted
    and signed using the <machineKey> of the server. So you will not have
    any isses with app restarting. It's good, isn't it?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910443

    There is also a cookieless forms authentication, when ticket will be
    passed in a query string.
    Alexey Smirnov, May 25, 2007