forms authentication + AzMan in ASP.Net 2...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jéjé, Sep 24, 2005.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    I try to use the AzMan to manage my roles & operations.
    I'm using a form based authentication in an ASP.Net 2 application and the
    SQL Server provider to store my users accounts into the database.

    But I can manage roles for users with a login name which exists in the
    Active Directory where my development server is.
    Any time I try to play with a user account not reated in the AD, then I
    receive some errors.
    For example, when I try to add a role to a user, I receive this error:
    Could not add the user to the role: Exception has been thrown by the target
    of an invocation.

    but the same commands works fine when I access the account which exists in
    the AD.

    my web.config:
    <connectionStrings>
    <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=<server>;Initial
    Catalog=<database>;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password="
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="LocalPolicyStore"
    connectionString="msxml://c:/folder/azmanstore.xml" />
    </connectionStrings>

    <membership>

    <providers>

    <remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>

    <add connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

    enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"

    applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false"

    passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

    passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""

    minRequiredPasswordLength="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

    name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"

    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

    </providers>

    </membership>

    <roleManager

    enabled="true"

    cacheRolesInCookie="false"

    defaultProvider="RoleManagerAzManProvider"

    cookieName=".ASPXROLES"

    cookiePath="/"

    cookieTimeout="30"

    cookieRequireSSL="false"

    cookieSlidingExpiration="true"

    createPersistentCookie="false"

    cookieProtection="All">

    <providers>

    <add name="RoleManagerAzManProvider"

    type="System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0,

    Culture=neutral, publicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

    connectionStringName="LocalPolicyStore"

    applicationName="<application name>"/>

    </providers>

    </roleManager>