Forms Authentication in a subfolder

Brett Robichaud

Our web site is mostly classic ASP. I recently created a small ASP.NET
application that will reside in a subfolder a few levels deep. I want to
use forms authentication within this subfolder.

I had it all working just fine on my local WinXP box. But when I move it
out to our Win2K staging server I cannot access the application. It get the
error below. I took a look at the machine.config on the server and it does
indeed have allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" for authentication. I
tried changing it to Everywhere with no success.

On advice I found in other newsgroups I have verified that in IIS I created
a virtual directory for this app and that it is in fact setup as an
application.

It must be possible to use forms authentication in this scenario. What can
I do to make this work?

-Brett-

Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 59: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services for member sites.
Line 60: -->
Line 61: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 62: <forms
Line 63: loginUrl="login.aspx"

Source File: C:\Webs\CorpWeb\products\imagebridge\myImageBridge\web.config
Line: 61

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brett,

I'm viewing this post and find it is a duplicated one ou posted with
another in the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. newsgroup. with the similiar
title. And a community member and I have both posted a reply in that one.
Please have a check on them. In addition, would you think it convenient
that we continue to disscuss in that thread? If so, please feel free to
post there if you have any questions or have any new findings. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Brett Robichaud

Yes we can continue in the other thread. I only posted here when I realized
there was a specific ASPNET security group. Thanks.