Running Aspx Files with forms authentication alongide of asp pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by kleykir, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. kleykir

    kleykir Guest

    I have a web page that is created in asp.net and uses FormsAuthentication.
    All of the info for this is set in web.config file.. I copied the login
    page, the actual page and web.config file to a virtual directory on IIS
    which has a bunch of other asp pages that belong to the site..

    Can I do this? also..when i tried doing this i got an error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 5: <system.web>
    Line 6:
    Line 7: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 8: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="RightsLogin.aspx" />
    Line 9: </authentication>

    Thank you in advance
    -Kleykir

    kleykir, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Hello kleykir,

    you have to mark the virtual dir as an application in IIS

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Aug 20, 2005