Running Aspx Files with forms authentication alongide of asp pages

kleykir

I have a web page that is created in asp.net and uses FormsAuthentication.
All of the info for this is set in web.config file.. I copied the login
page, the actual page and web.config file to a virtual directory on IIS
which has a bunch of other asp pages that belong to the site..

Can I do this? also..when i tried doing this i got an error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 5: <system.web>
Line 6:
Line 7: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 8: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="RightsLogin.aspx" />
Line 9: </authentication>

Thank you in advance
-Kleykir

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello kleykir,

you have to mark the virtual dir as an application in IIS