forms authentication over multiple projects

DaVBGuy

Here is my scenario:

I have an aspx page that is essentially a table of contents to a bunch of
other aspx pages. The table of contents page launches other aspx pages (from
different asp projects). I do not want the users to access these pages
directly as I want them to only go thru the table of contents page.
Therefore I have set forms authentication on these pages.

In order to get to the table of contents page, I use also use Forms
authentication, so the user has to log in first to get to the page. This
works fine. However, I want to be able to pass the user's authenticated
credentials to the "sub" aspx pages. This is the part that I'm having
trouble with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET]

What is it mean ? "..to the "sub" aspx pages ..."

Do u mean different ASP.NET applications? If yes, answer is easy. I think, u
don't. But what?

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello DaVBGuy,

be sure that the following is the same on all your "single-signon" sites

- auth cookie name
- cookie path
- machinekey section in web.config to encrypt/decrypt/validate the auth cookie