forms authentication over multiple projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by DaVBGuy, May 2, 2005.

  1. DaVBGuy

    DaVBGuy Guest

    Here is my scenario:

    I have an aspx page that is essentially a table of contents to a bunch of
    other aspx pages. The table of contents page launches other aspx pages (from
    different asp projects). I do not want the users to access these pages
    directly as I want them to only go thru the table of contents page.
    Therefore I have set forms authentication on these pages.

    In order to get to the table of contents page, I use also use Forms
    authentication, so the user has to log in first to get to the page. This
    works fine. However, I want to be able to pass the user's authenticated
    credentials to the "sub" aspx pages. This is the part that I'm having
    trouble with.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you for your time.

    DaVBGuy, May 2, 2005

  2. What is it mean ? "..to the "sub" aspx pages ..."

    Do u mean different ASP.NET applications? If yes, answer is easy. I think, u
    don't. But what?

    --

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET], May 2, 2005

  3. Hello DaVBGuy,

    be sure that the following is the same on all your "single-signon" sites

    - auth cookie name
    - cookie path
    - machinekey section in web.config to encrypt/decrypt/validate the auth cookie

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 3, 2005
  4. Adding further details to what Dominic said, you may take a look here:

    http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/archive/2004/06/09/ssoformsauth.aspx

    --
    Hernan de Lahitte
    http://clariusconsulting.net/hdl