cookieless Forms Authentication - please help...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by studio60podcast@gmail.com, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm writing an ASP.NET 2.0 application using the new Membership
    providor and I'm having trouble.
    I have created the roles, logins, login controls, etc... and I can log

in to the site.  However, as soon as I'm successfully
    authenticated, I
click on a link and it challenges me for
    credentials again!  Doesn't
matter which links I click, they all do
    it.
    I'm also having trouble with cookies.  I want to use cookies, but I

can't get them to work in either IE7 or IE6.  Here is my

<authentication> section from web.config:
    <authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="login.aspx"
    defaultUrl="/default.aspx"
name="secAuthCookie" cookieless="UseUri"
       protection="All"
slidingExpiration="true" timeout="90" path="/"
    />
</authentication>
    I've tried setting cookieless to all of it's possible values,

UseCookies, UseUri, AutoDetect, etc... and none of them are working.

    Am I missing something?  Please help!  I've been stuck on this for
    two
days now!
    Thanks!
Jason