Forms Authentication stopped working for .htm/.doc extensions in 2

Guest

Hello,

I posted this under general group and no replies.

We have a website running ASP.Net 1.1 using forms authentication and even
protects .htm/.doc files. We have associated such files to ASP.Net in
Application Settings.

Everything was working great until we moved to 2.0.

If we try to access a .htm page we get "Page cannot be displayed errror".
In the Application settings there are two check boxes "script engine" and
"verify that file exists" both are checked by default.

If the script engine check box is unchecked then it gives me "execute access
is
denied" error.

Why is this breaking change from 1.1 to 2.0, how do we resolve it?

Thanks.

Joey

Did you originally configure asp.net 1.1 to handle these filetypes by
mapping them to the asp.net dll in IIS?

If so, it might be necessary to do the same for asp.net 2.0 (does it
use a different dll file now?).

Jay Balapa

Joey,

Thank for replying.

Yes, in version 1.1 I used a different aspnet dll.

In 2.0 Iam mapping to 2.0 dll and it is not working.

Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Having same problem

I'm having the exact same problem - was there ever any solution??