Forms Authentication using SQL Server - problem

thebison

Hi everyone,

Quick question, I'm creating a Timesheet Application with ASP.NET C# in
Visual Studio 2003. The database has been built using MSDE. I have
followed the MSDN libraries guide to creating forms based
authentication from

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetht03.asp

This works fine, however all the code does is return a message to a
label on screen saying that the user has been authenticated. What I
need is for the application to forward the user on to the default.aspx
form, and allow them to access all subsequent forms from there. I
suspect I need to insert some code in the passwordVerifed part.

if (passwordVerified == true )
{
// The user is authenticated
// At this point, an authentication ticket is normally created
// This can subsequently be used to generate a GenericPrincipal
// object for .NET authorization purposes
// For details, see "How To: Use Forms authentication with
// GenericPrincipal objects
lblMessage.Text = "Logon successful: User is authenticated";

I think it may be something along the lines of
FormsAuthentication.redirect but as I'm a newbie I'm probably wrong!..

As well as this, once I have redirected the verified user to the
correct page, do I then need some additional code at the top of each
form to check the user is verified?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance..

Al