Forms Navigation

Guest

Hi,
I have three ASP.Net Forms,
Homepage,
Page 1,
Page 2.

Page 1 consistes of tabular entry fields and Next button,

Page 2 have a DataGrid that display filtered data based on fields on page 1.
and has a back button(client side script)

Whe I navigate from Page 1 to page 2 I'm using the Server.Transfer Method.

The problem is that: When press back on page 2, the browser direct me to
Home page.

This is a big problem, How can I control the navgation to go back to Page 1,
to refill the filtering criteria.

Note that SmatNavigation is enabled.

Help.

Phillip Ian

When you use Server.Transfer, the browser never sees the change. So it
still thinks you are on Page 1. I assume your client side script
triggers the browser's back function, and, since Homepage is the one
you were on before Page 1, that's where it sends you.

Instead of Server.Transfer, try Response.Redirect.

Guest

The problem with Response.Redirect is that it depends on GET method parameters.
And I'm interestead in Form Method.
I other words, I don't want to send the parameters over the URL.

Is there any workaround to overcome this problem.

Simon Hazelton

This would be an ideal situation to use panels in....

pnlFirst would contain all the controls from page 1, pnlSecond could have
the datagrid, a "Back" button, would simply hide the second panel and show
the first.