Forwarding Keyboard Input to an embedded application

AJ

I have an application which has an open-source Java X Server embedded
inside of it.

This X Server is simply an stand-alone-capable Applet that has been
shoved into a JPanel.

The applications that I pipe to the X Server, such as an xterm, no
longer receive keyboard strokes, presumably because my main java
application is processing them. It does receive mouse input however.

My Questions Is: how can I make my main application pass the
keystrokes to the embedded X server? Thanks!

AJ