[FRAME] how to manage them in VS2005 ?

teo

Hallo,

I have vs2005.

I'm not a able to find a way to create and manage FRAMEs
for a simple .html page in the VS2005 IDE
(any toolbox, wizard, property window...).

Am I missing something ?
(I have even difficulties also to find a section about html frames concepts
in the Msdn guide)

How do you create and manage frames
to "split" a .html page using the VS2005 IDE ?

Thanks

bruce barker

what management did you want?

as <frame> is only valid in a <frameset> page which can not postback (no
form allowed), it does not fit the asp.net model, so there is little
reason to for it to be more than an html page.

you can include an <iframe> on the page, but its simple html.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

teo

what management did you want?

With "management" I meant setting some related properties,
like the border with, the autoscroll...
as <frame> is only valid in a <frameset> page which can not postback (no
form allowed), it does not fit the asp.net model, so there is little
reason to for it to be more than an html page.

you can include an <iframe> on the page, but its simple html.

Yes, I know, it is mainly a .html context,
but because I was wondering if the expensive VS2005 IDE
had a way to create and manage them
(in example with objects from toolbox, templates, little helping windows,
properties boxes... like the old FrontPage had),
I thought that who uses VS2005 IDE intensively
(like asp.net programmers do),
could have better suggested to me the way I'm not finding.

Actually, are you suggeting to me
that with the expensive VS2005 IDE the only way we have
to create/manage Frames
is to manually write the tag code, like Notepad ?

Guest

Bruce,

Great, that's just what I was looking for as well as the OP.
And I have no qualms with editing HTML source - it's very difficult...

Is IFRAME good across browsers - or is it just an IE thing?

Thanks for the help,
bruce

teo

well you get intellisense, and css properties.

please, let me ask three questions more
(I'm a little stumped in this):

I repeat I'm in a empty .html file
and I'using Visual Web Developer of VS2005

1)
I can't use frame in "Progettazione" mode,
the IDE doesn't allow me this;
see the messagebox in this image:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7664/immaginecg5.gif
(28 kb)
Is this prohibition the normal behaviour in VS2005 ?

2)
I went in "Origine" (I couldn't go anywhere else),
I popped up the intellisense, then got 'frame', then got 'css':
in the 'css' window I didn't find anything related to frame
(I have Text, Background, Position, Layout... but no Frame) .
How can I get a frame from the suggested 'css' window?

3)
Why should have I to use iframe than frame?