    Any materials?

    What do you suggest?

    Thanks
    Paulo, Aug 6, 2007

  2. 1. Yes, you can use frames with asp.net
    2. How do you pass values from 1 frame to another right now in classic asp?
    Same way you can do it with asp.net
    3. I suggest not to use frames. Look at MasterPages first.
    4. Material: Visit asp.net and go to "learning" tab.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 6, 2007

  3. "Paulo" <> wrote in message

    > Hi, I need to convert a classic asp application wich uses html frame, can
    > I use frames on asp.net 2.0 VS 2005?

    Yes you can... Frames are part of the HTML specification, not inherent to
    ASP.NET...

    > How can I pass values from 1 frame to another?

    Same way as you do in ASP Classic i.e. with client-side JavaScript.

    > What do you suggest?

    Advances in ASP.NET have meant that frames are not usually necessary any
    more. If your requirement for frames is to provide a "skeleton" page
    framework where e.g. the header, side menu and footer remain constant but
    the "central" content changes, then you would do well to consider
    MasterPages instead...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP