    arrives on the database and prints it?

    What you suggest? Thanks!

    VS 2005 asp.net 2.0 C#

    Paulo, May 23, 2008

  2. I suggest a small compact printer with print server port (sometimes called
    ZEBRANET).
    Like this one Zebra TLP2844
    http://www.systemid.com/barcode_printers/zebra_tlp2844.asp

    Those printers support EPL or ZPL language. It's a simple language and you
    do not need a driver for it.

    Your ASP.NET application simply sends data via TCP/IP and printer prints....
    No need to have computer on a kitchen. And you do not need separate exe
    running in background..

    You do not need a driver for those printers. They use EPL language which is
    very easy language.
    you basically send it commands like ^PO10,20^FSMy Name^XA
    And it will print My Name position (10,20)

    Below is the code to send bytes to TCP/IP printer.

    George
    public bool SendBytesToPrinter(byte[] p)

    {

    try

    {

    IPEndPoint ipEndPoint;

    ipEndPoint = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse(_sName), 9100);

    Socket socket;

    using (socket = new Socket(

    AddressFamily.InterNetwork,

    SocketType.Stream,

    ProtocolType.Tcp

    ))

    {

    socket.Connect(ipEndPoint);

    socket.Send(p);

    socket.Close();

    }

    return true;

    }

    catch (Exception e)

    {

    //TODO: do something with exception

    return false;

    George Ter-Saakov, May 23, 2008

  3. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Do I need a printer that have a ip address? and the asp.net will send data
    to this ip ?

    Thanks!

    Paulo, May 23, 2008
  4. Yes, otherwise how you going to connect to it? But you do not need a
    computer.

    Several options

    1. You can buy a print server (they cost $20-$50)separatelly from printer
    but then you will additional box and AC adapter. Or you can by the one that
    is very small and do not need power (it takes it from printer port).
    http://www.system3x.com/barcode_printers/zebranet_printserver_ii_--102286.asp

    2. You can buy printer with already built in network interface.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, May 23, 2008
  5. Paulo

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Where is the web server located? The printer could be attached to that
    machine.

    Jeff Dillon, May 23, 2008