    800X600 can get a full vue of a web page that use a frame and that was built
    on a 800X600 resolution screen.

    many thanks in advance

    birdynumnum, Oct 25, 2004

  2. birdynumnum

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:33:27 GMT, birdynumnum <> wrote:

    > How can I have someone visiting my web site with a screen resolution over
    > 800X600 can get a full vue of a web page that use a frame and that was
    > built
    > on a 800X600 resolution screen.
    >
    > many thanks in advance

    Some mistaken assumptions here:

    1) Just because their screen resolution is XxY does not mean their
    viewport is anything close to that. You're assuming all visitors want to
    view full-screen.

    2) If the viewport is larger than 800x600, then something optimized for
    800x600 should have no problem being rendered within the larger viewport.
    I'm not certain what you're asking here.

    3) Avoid frames. Bookmarking problems, direct linking with the other
    frames present impossible without making a frameset for every possible
    combination, etc. Better - use SSI or PHP to include repeated elements and
    CSS to position them. The attitude that people want the navigation there
    all the time seems to be a myth - most users don't seem to care. Allow it
    to scroll with the rest of the page - or, you can use position: fixed; on
    some browsers (not IE) to have it stay put (but be sure to allow a
    scrollbar if the viewport is too short to show it all).

    Neal, Oct 25, 2004

  3. birdynumnum

    Karl Core Guest

    "birdynumnum" <> wrote in message
    > How can I have someone visiting my web site with a screen resolution over
    > 800X600 can get a full vue of a web page that use a frame and that was
    > built on a 800X600 resolution screen.

    Frames are icky. They make me want to kill my neighbors.

    Designing for one screen resolution is destined to fail. Design for ALL
    screens.
    As Neal has already said, there's no guarantee that the user has their
    browser open to the full window.
    Right now I'm running 1680 wide resolution. I love it. I am working in one
    window and watching Van Helsing on DVD on the other.

    -Karl

    Karl Core, Oct 25, 2004
  4. birdynumnum

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:33:27 GMT, birdynumnum <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > How can I have someone visiting my web site with a screen resolution over
    > 800X600 can get a full vue of a web page that use a frame and that was built
    > on a 800X600 resolution screen.

    Screen Resolution/Page Size:
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/resolution.php

    Frames:
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")
    http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Oct 26, 2004
  5. In article <rV9fd.92347$>,
    says...
    > How can I have someone visiting my web site with a screen resolution over
    > 800X600 can get a full vue of a web page that use a frame and that was built
    > on a 800X600 resolution screen.

    Did you even read a single posting this forum before posting this?
    Someone supply this man with some links. Save him from himself...

    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 26, 2004
  6. birdynumnum

    birdynumnum Guest

    Thanks for all your information.

    Where can I get good information for beginner on SSI and PHP ?

    Thanks

    rV9fd.92347$...

    birdynumnum, Oct 26, 2004
  7. birdynumnum

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html birdynumnum said:

    > Thanks for all your information.

    please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices.

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > Where can I get good information for beginner on SSI and PHP ?

    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?SSI_FAQs

    PHP Tutorials 'n stuff:
    http://www.php.net/
    http://www.zend.com/
    http://www.sitepoint.com/
    http://www.phpbuilder.com/
    http://www.phpdeveloper.org/
    http://php.resourceindex.com/
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/php/

    --
    brucie{display:nude;voice-family:'many little';speech-rate:x-fast;}

    brucie, Oct 26, 2004