frames from javascript

dogdog

i posted to html newsgroup but only found idiots that provided no
solutions. Here is the problem.

I have a popup that calls a seperate window, however my popup is
not producing frames as referenced in the popup html code
using frameset.

What should i do to get the popups to show frames related to my cgi-bin
<forms> items ?

Please no flames..the html newsgroup took care of that and I really dont
want to deal with jackass responses. Plus, if I wanted the website to be
to be on the internet I'd post a link.

TIA
dogdog

Tim Williams

Your description is not at all clear.

Try posting the smallest possible example which reproduces your
problem.

Tim.

rf

i posted to html newsgroup but only found idiots that provided no
solutions. Here is the problem.

This dogdog person posted this over in alt.html. There is totally
insufficient information presented IMHO to even guess at the problem. Could
be anything from a mis-configured server to a typing mistake.

When the need for a URL to the site was indicated (amidst a bit of freindly
joking) he became savage. This is where it began, when I pointed out that no
URL was supplied:

Nope. A browser would not help here. The OP failed to provide a URL.

Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
has to be a M$ site.
</quote>

Things went downhill from there with dogdog evenutally walking out in a
huff, even though a few people somewhat politely suggested that we need a
little help in providing solutions, somewhat more than is provided in the
OP.

If you go over to alt.html to look you will have to look hard. Dogdog posed
the question as "frames question" so it got lumped into a deceased thread
from long ago.

dogdog

[...]

thanks rf, and yes it was a huff, I personally cannot stand
newsgroups that provide little to no help and only start off threads with
flames. This is not the intent nor purpose of a newsgroup. It seems that
if people should attempt to keep their personal opionions to themselves.
If they have nothing to offer then dont post. Comments like Tim's after
yours was at least an informative response in that he requested code. This
I can understand. If you look at the comments from your brother/sister
alt.html people you can see, there was nothing informative in them.
Therefore I will not subscribe to a useless group such as that.
There is something to be said of usenet, it sometimes take the timid and
turns them into the person that they always wanted to be. I would find it
very hard to believe that the comments back would be such if that person
posting were talking face to face.

dogdog

Your description is not at all clear.

Try posting the smallest possible example which reproduces your
problem.

Tim.
I'll get some code and post it this evening EST. Thanks for your response.
dogdog