    want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
    entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
    about half and screw up my design.
    news, Jul 14, 2004

  2. news

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <6IgJc.55$>,
    says...
    > I have a vertical frameset that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
    > smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly. I don't
    > want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
    > entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
    > about half and screw up my design.

    Some would argue that your design is already screwed up do to the
    frames (and you will get that). Anyway, providing a URL would
    probably be the next logical step to finding a solution.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Jul 14, 2004

  3. news

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:28:46 -0500, news <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > I have a vertical frameset

    Don't do that.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")

    > that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
    > smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly.

    Makes sense.

    > I don't want them to get sqashed at all.

    Stop using frames.

    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jul 14, 2004
  4. news

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:eirngjzwq4ex$>
    Mark Parnell <> said:

    > Don't do that...
    > Stop using frames...
    > Stop using frames.
    > Stop using frames.

    am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't be using
    frames?

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jul 14, 2004
  5. news

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:47:36 +1000, brucie <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't be using
    > frames?

    I was leaning towards that opinion, yes.

    Mark Parnell, Jul 14, 2004
  6. news

    Els Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post: <news:eirngjzwq4ex$>
    > Mark Parnell <> said:
    >
    >> Don't do that...
    >> Stop using frames...
    >> Stop using frames.
    >> Stop using frames.

    > am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't
    > be using frames?

    No, he is saying the OP should _stop_ using frames.
    In order to stop using frames, you have to use them first.
    I think the OP has mastered that first step now.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jul 14, 2004