frames getting sqashed

news

I have a vertical frameset that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly. I don't
want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
about half and screw up my design.

Webcastmaker

I have a vertical frameset that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly. I don't
want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
about half and screw up my design.

Some would argue that your design is already screwed up do to the
frames (and you will get that). Anyway, providing a URL would
probably be the next logical step to finding a solution.

Mark Parnell

I have a vertical frameset

Don't do that.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly.

Makes sense.
I don't want them to get sqashed at all.

Stop using frames.
So if I sized down to 400 height, the
entire 100 top frame will still show.

Stop using frames.
Currently, it will squash the 100 to
about half and screw up my design.

Stop using frames.

brucie

in post: <
Mark Parnell said:
Don't do that...
Stop using frames...
Stop using frames.
Stop using frames.

am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't be using
frames?

Els

brucie said:
in post: <

am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't
be using frames?

No, he is saying the OP should _stop_ using frames.
In order to stop using frames, you have to use them first.
I think the OP has mastered that first step now.