Free Antivirus for Netscape 8.0.2?

Bulbasaur

Does anyone know of the best free antivirus software that works with
Netscape 8.0.2? I downloaded McAfee because I get it free with my
membership to AOL, but it says it doesn't support the later versions of
Netsape. I want to find another antivirus program to use with the
Netscape browser because that is the one I use most often, even though
I still have to use AOL to get online.

I don't use Norton because the only time my computer ever got any
viruses was when I was using their program. Norton caused several of my
data CDs to be completely fried.

I would like to download a good antivirus program that will scan
emails. It must work with Gmail and Yahoo. It also must be compatible
with McAfee Antivirus and McAfee Firewall. I'm not supposed to
uninstall those two because I am not the only one who uses this
computer. I want to be able to right click an item, including emails
and their attachments, and select "scan for viruses". The program needs
to be able to detect worms, trojans and whatever else is harmful to
computers. It also needs to be able to fix infected files.

I have an anti-spyware program. I use PestPatrol. The people this
computer was bought from installed it, so I don't know if it's a free
version or if I have the full version of that. It does get updates. I
also use AOL's anti-spyware program.

Randy Webb

Bulbasaur said the following on 8/4/2005 8:46 PM:
[...]

Ummm, WTF does any of this have to do with Javascript?

Hint: Try a Netscape 8 group.

Bulbasaur

RUDE!!!

I joined this group because the messages I saw were from people who use
netscape browsers. I did search fo groups about netscape and this one
showed up. If it wasn't supposed to, then blame that on Google Groups,
not me.

There are also posts here about Firefox, which is used with the
Netscape browser that I have.

Randy Webb

Bulbasaur said the following on 8/5/2005 9:55 PM:

What is Rude? Learn to quote (it is covered in this groups FAQ, see the
sig line).

But Rude is one of the nicer things I have been called on Usenet.
I joined this group because the messages I saw were from people who use
netscape browsers.

Netscape? Most either use IE6, Mozilla-based, or Opera, but if you say
so....
I did search for groups about netscape and this one showed up.

I don't know how you searched, but ok.
If it wasn't supposed to, then blame that on Google Groups, not me.

Nah, you blame them, not me.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33608831&expand=1

There are 121 groups in that heirarchy, happy searching.
There are also posts here about Firefox, which is used with the
Netscape browser that I have.

No it's not. Firefox is entirely different than Netscape. Netscape is
based on the rendering engine in Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers.

But still, none of this has anything to do with Javascript and as such
is Off-Topic here. Read the group FAQ.

Gus Richter

Bulbasaur said:
RUDE!!!

I joined this group because the messages I saw were from people who use
netscape browsers. I did search fo groups about netscape and this one
showed up. If it wasn't supposed to, then blame that on Google Groups,
not me.

There are also posts here about Firefox, which is used with the
Netscape browser that I have.

Try this Newsgroup dedicated for NS 8:
Use secure connection/Secure Socket Layer (SSL) on Port 563