    What simulators are there that will take a .vhdl source and simulate it
    graphically?, and which preferebly run on freebsd or linux..?
    , May 13, 2006

  2. Geo Guest

    Geo, May 13, 2006

  3. just one comment here:

    > GTKwave, Waveform viewer
    > http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/apt/projects/tools/gtkwave/

    GTKwave is no longer maintained by the University of Manchester. So the
    2.x branch is currently dead.

    Tony Bybell (the original autor) is actively maintaining the 3.x branch
    here:
    http://home.nc.rr.com/gtkwave/

    I am personally maintaining the MacOSX port of GTKwave, however I failed
    to provide the latest revisions due to some unresolved issues with GTK
    and MacOSX 10.4.6. Any volunteers highly welcome.

    Best regards, Felix
    --
    Dipl.-Ing. Felix Bertram
    http://www.bertram-family.com/felix
    Felix Bertram, May 13, 2006

    Geo <> wrote:
    >GHDL, VHDL simulator
    >http://ghdl.free.fr/

    Guess what I'm looking for is an schematic input (capture) and graphical
    presentation in schematic form that shows the state of the circuit for every
    step. Much like chipmunk, except that chipmunk can't export to .vhdl asfaik.
    , May 14, 2006