    want to know where on which CHS (cylinder,head sector) that inode
    starts and where it ends.

    Thank you.
    kerb, Jan 5, 2005

  2. "kerb" <> writes:
    > can you help I am trying to access direct address in ufs filesystem
    > what I am trying to do is for example I have inode 12930123912 and I
    > want to know where on which CHS (cylinder,head sector) that inode
    > starts and where it ends.

    Sorry, we can't help you with that here; it's not a question about the
    C programming language. You might try something like
    comp.unix.programmer.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 5, 2005

  3. kerb

    alex Guest

    "kerb" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > can you help I am trying to access direct address in ufs filesystem
    > what I am trying to do is for example I have inode 12930123912 and I
    > want to know where on which CHS (cylinder,head sector) that inode
    > starts and where it ends.
    >
    > Thank you.

    try alt.os.development , they're a cluey bunch when it comes to this stuff

    alex
    alex, Jan 6, 2005
  4. kerb wrote:

    > Hello
    > can you help I am trying to access direct address in ufs filesystem
    > what I am trying to do is for example I have inode 12930123912 and I
    > want to know where on which CHS (cylinder,head sector) that inode
    > starts and where it ends.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Try the mailing lists
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL
    If you show enough interest/talent you can even become a bsd developer.

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Jan 6, 2005
  5. kerb

    kerb Guest