FreeRide problem

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by tad.bochan@bnpparibas.com, Oct 12, 2004.

    I just downloaded the latest Ruby for Windows (one-click installer),
    and tried to run one of the Freeride examples (from inside Freeride),
    and got the following error,

    >ruby C:/ruby/freeride/examples/HelloWorld/hello.rb

    C:/ruby/freeride/examples/HelloWorld/hello.rb:33: uninitialized constant MyFreeRIDELibrary::HelloWorld::MyHelloWorld::FreeBASE (NameError)
    >exit

    Anyone know how to fix this ?

    (I'm running on NT)

    , Oct 12, 2004

  2. Curt Hibbs Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just downloaded the latest Ruby for Windows (one-click installer),
    > and tried to run one of the Freeride examples (from inside Freeride),
    > and got the following error,
    >
    > >ruby C:/ruby/freeride/examples/HelloWorld/hello.rb

    > C:/ruby/freeride/examples/HelloWorld/hello.rb:33: uninitialized
    > constant MyFreeRIDELibrary::HelloWorld::MyHelloWorld::FreeBASE (NameError)
    > >exit

    > Anyone know how to fix this ?

    That file is part of an example/tutorial on how to create a FreeRIDE plugin
    that will extend the functionality of FreeRIDE. It is not intended to be
    directly executed.

    You can find the instructions for the FreeRIDE HelloWorld tutorial at:

    http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?HelloWorld_HowTo

    and you can find more documentation on how to develop FreeRIDE plugins at:

    http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?DevDoc

    Curt

    Curt Hibbs, Oct 12, 2004