Freezing python files into executables

Discussion in 'Python' started by Girish Venkatasubramanian, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. Hello,
    I have been using freeze.py on 32 bit linux distributions without a
    problem. But recently I tried to do the same on RHEL5 x86_64 and ran
    into some issues.

    1) When I ran the script, I got
    Error: needed directory /usr/lib/python2.4/config not found

    2) Then I "yum install python-devel" which installed python-devel.i386
    and python-devel.x86_64. Then when I tried freezing, it worked but
    make barfed up a bunch of errors during ld like

    /usr/bin/ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file
    `/usr/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a(rangeobject.o)' is
    incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

    and

    /usr/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a(posixmodule.o): In function
    `posix_getcwd':
    (.text+0x53a1): undefined reference to `PyEval_RestoreThread'

    3) I tried uninstalling python-devel.i386 (retaining only the x86_64)
    and freeze fails with the same error message as in 1

    Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Girish Venkatasubramanian, Nov 3, 2009