From submitted to fax

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rabih Najib, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Rabih Najib

    Rabih Najib Guest

    Hi,

    I have a form that I need to have the information sent to a fax machine when
    somebody submits it. Can I do this from my website and if so, how?

    Thanks in advance.

    Rabih Najib
    Rabih Najib, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Rabih Najib

    Evertjan. Guest

    Rabih Najib wrote on 29 nov 2004 in

    > I have a form that I need to have the information sent to a fax
    > machine when somebody submits it. Can I do this from my website and if
    > so, how?

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?
    threadm=Xns95AEEC856FEE3eejj99%40194.109.133.29>
    Evertjan., Nov 29, 2004

  3. Rabih Najib

    Rabih Najib Guest

    Thanks. Could you please give me a good example on a mail-to-fax or
    form-to-fax provider whom I can use their components in my ASP code?

    Rabih Najib, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Rabih Najib

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Google it

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 29, 2004
  5. Rabih Najib

    Evertjan. Guest

    Rabih Najib wrote on 29 nov 2004 in
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> Rabih Najib wrote on 29 nov 2004 in
    >>
    >> > I have a form that I need to have the information sent to a fax
    >> > machine when somebody submits it. Can I do this from my website and if
    >> > so, how?
    >> >

    >> <http://groups.google.com/groups?
    >> threadm=Xns95AEEC856FEE3eejj99%40194.109.133.29>
    >>

    > Thanks. Could you please give me a good example on a mail-to-fax or
    > form-to-fax provider whom I can use their components in my ASP code?

    What is a form-to-fax provider? Surely those do not exist?

    You would have to make a serverside component on an asp-server that has
    access to a telephone faxmodem&lineconnection.

    =====================

    Mail-to-fax providers are all over the web, as I showed you in the last
    thread. The free ones only allow a few faxes a day or week.

    =====================

    Faxing is technology of the 1980's.
    One should not want to use that anymore, methinks.
    Evertjan., Nov 29, 2004
  6. Rabih Najib

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:50:36 -0500, "Rabih Najib"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks. Could you please give me a good example on a mail-to-fax or
    >form-to-fax provider whom I can use their components in my ASP code?

    Form-to-fax you'd need a fax server to handle, but an email-to-fax
    system is available anywhere from free to very expensive. ASP creates
    email, sends to your SMTP with the proper codes for the fax service,
    fax appears at the receiving end.

    Google "internet fax" or similar for many options.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Rabih Najib

    Rabih Guest