    The other site is not accessible for PHP.
    Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a HTML/PHP-page?
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Nico Schuyt

    Michel Guest

    Yes it is.

    Look for ftp_connect() on php.net

    Regards,

    Michel

    Michel, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Michel wrote:
    > "Nico Schuyt" wrote

    >> Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a
    >> HTML/PHP-page?

    > Yes it is.
    > Look for ftp_connect() on php.net

    Well that just seems to be what I need. Thanks!
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Nico Schuyt

    Michel Guest

    You're welcome.
    Good luck with the script.

    Ah... I have found in some cases, I still do not have all the access I want.
    I would like to rip a fileheader only from public FTP's. Something that
    should be a walk in the park (get 384 bytes and parse the results)
    Somehow.... I can't get it done.

    If you, or anyone else could give me a push in the direction I should be
    looking.... go ahead and make my day.

    Michel, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Michel wrote:

    > I would like to rip a fileheader only from public FTP's. Something that
    > should be a walk in the park (get 384 bytes and parse the results)
    > Somehow.... I can't get it done.

    You would need to implement your own FTP functions for this, using PHP's
    lower level TCP stuff.

    Much better if possible to communicate with the server in some other
    (non-FTP) way, such as SSH or telnet.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Nico Schuyt

    Michel Guest

    Yes, you're right of course.
    Only thing is I can't have a clue on what would work on which server. It's
    rather complicated and probably the only thing working in every situation
    thanks,

    Michel, Nov 8, 2003