Function Call tree program - un compiled code

Ham

Hi

I am looking for a function call tree program to map the function calls
of my project. I however do not want to compile my project. All the
programs I have found for this require you to compile the project which
may span over 20 files or so.

I would prefer the output probably to be in text so I can create a perl
script to analyse the results.

Any ideas?

Ian Collins

Ham said:
Hi

I am looking for a function call tree program to map the function calls
of my project. I however do not want to compile my project. All the
programs I have found for this require you to compile the project which
may span over 20 files or so.
So? For the few seconds that would take, just do it.

Ham

Ian said:
So? For the few seconds that would take, just do it.

I don't have access to all of the options for compilation and the
compiler used. It is an embedded system. I just have the code.

kondal

Ham said:
Hi

I am looking for a function call tree program to map the function calls
of my project. I however do not want to compile my project. All the
programs I have found for this require you to compile the project which
may span over 20 files or so.

I would prefer the output probably to be in text so I can create a perl
script to analyse the results.

Any ideas?

You need special tools/IDE that parse through the entire project to
generate the function call tree. I'm trying to find an open source /
free tool to do this.

I ended up in using ctags, cscope and source navigator to help to solve
the problem to some extent. They will not generate a function call tree
but will help me to traverse through the program.

Best of luck in writing the perl script.

-kondal

Ian Collins

Ham said:
Ian Collins wrote:

I don't have access to all of the options for compilation and the
compiler used. It is an embedded system. I just have the code.
Well any tool will have to be able to parse the code, so you may as well
compile it with an compiler/IDE that gives you the output you require.
Those I have used have had options to skip code generation and just
produce code data.

All of these tools fail in the presence of functions called through
function pointers.

Jack Klein

Hi

I am looking for a function call tree program to map the function calls
of my project. I however do not want to compile my project. All the
programs I have found for this require you to compile the project which
may span over 20 files or so.

I would prefer the output probably to be in text so I can create a perl
script to analyse the results.

Any ideas?

This is off-topic, of course, but have you looked at Doxygen?