futue feature division not found (embedded)

Jive

I've got a program with Python 2.3 embedded. When I try to run a script
containing "from __future__ import division", I get an exception:

File "main2.py", line 3
from __future__ import divison
SyntaxError: future feature divison is not defined

Anyone know how to fix that? BTW, when I run the program with
CO_FUTURE_DIVISION set in PyCompilerFlags, division works the new way, as it
should.

Bengt Richter

I've got a program with Python 2.3 embedded. When I try to run a script
containing "from __future__ import division", I get an exception:

File "main2.py", line 3
from __future__ import divison
SyntaxError: future feature divison is not defined
^^ s/divison/division/ ;-)
Anyone know how to fix that? BTW, when I run the program with
CO_FUTURE_DIVISION set in PyCompilerFlags, division works the new way, as it
^^^
HTH. On to the next bug ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter

Jive

The proper expression is, "On to the *last* bug." :)

I worked around it. I'm building an argv by hand and using Py_main. That's
probably a better way to crank it up anyhow.

Jive

Jive

Oh I see now. I misspelled. But I think it failed when I spelled it right
too. Either that or I misspelled it every time I tried it. Oh well. Since
there are no programs written for my application yet, I've decided just to
make future division the default. Sorry for the bother.

J.

Jive

Bengt Richter said:
it
HTH. On to the next bug ;-)

What's HTH?

It does fail though. Here's the message when I type it right:

File "main2.py", line 3, in ?
from __future__ import division
ImportError: No module named __future__

I didn't misspell __future__ did I?