Numpy not found

adolfo

I downloaded and installed Phyton 2.52 (it works), numpy-1.0.4.win32-
py2.5, and scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5

I can´t get Numpy to show up at Python´s IDLE, or command line. If I
do:
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

And if I do:# I get
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I restarted the machine and double clicked in the same file
numpy-1.0.4.win32-py2.5 again, it asked whether I wanted to reinstall
or repair, I chose repair. I tried the same commands again after this
but I got the same results.

Next, I went o the Python25 "site packages" subdirectory and there I
found "setup.py" and "readme.txt" files. I did run the setup with no
changes and the readme file suggested to run the setup.py scrip. No
changes.

Any help with this mater will be much appreciated,

Adolfo

Glenn Hutchings

adolfo said:
I downloaded and installed Phyton 2.52 (it works), numpy-1.0.4.win32-
py2.5, and scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5

I can´t get Numpy to show up at Python´s IDLE, or command line. If I
do:

File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

Try 'import numpy' instead. Numeric is an earlier incarnation of numpy --
it has (mostly) the same interface, but is a different package. (Just to
confuse things even further, there's also another old one, called
numarray).
And if I do:
# I get
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The proper syntax for that is (assuming you want numpy instead) 'from numpy
import *'.

Glenn