    From: Jaco Smuts
    To: Simon Roses Femerling
    Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 3:06 PM
    Subject: Re: any simple and multiplatform database?

    have a look at

    sqllite (interesting embedded database engine)
    or (in no particular order)
    mysql, (very easy for both win and unix environments)
    postgresql (great for unix's, bit of a mission on win32)

    "Simon Roses Femerling" <>
    Sent by: python-list-bounces+jsmuts=
    06/08/2004 03:08 PM

    To: <>
    cc:
    Subject: any simple and multiplatform database?

    Hello all :)

    Is there any simple and multiplatform database for python ?

    It must be a local database (like mdb. files)

    I was thinking of using mdb (MS Access) but in linux is a bit more hard to use it because you must install
    several tools (mxODBC, etc..)

    Sincerely,

    SRF--

    Simon Roses Femerling, Jun 8, 2004

  2. "Simon Roses Femerling" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thx for your response
    >
    > sqllite looks very interesting :)
    > Here is the python module: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pysqlite/
    >
    > I'm familiar with mysql and postgresql but there are too heavy and I
    > dont want to install a database.
    >
    > I'm looking for something like sqllite
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > SRF

    If your needs are basic enough, the standard module anydbm is both
    simple and cross-platform.

    A. Lloyd Flanagan, Jun 8, 2004