FXCop for 2.0?

dgk

A previous post mentioned that code analysis is part of the Team
Edition of VS, but since I'm not using TEVS, is there some way to run
FXCop on my app? There's nothing in BIN to run it against.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

dgk

Well, there IS A version of FxCop that specifically targets 2.0 code..I
think the latest version is 1.35...

as far as not having an assembly. The simplest option in my opinion is to
download and install and use the new Web Deployment Project which generates
a .dll like you're used to in 1.x:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

And you can read up on it at:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/06/429723.aspx

Karl

Thanks, I'll wait a bit since I have to demo it tomorrow and don't
want to break anything just now, but it looks pretty straight-forward.