GAlib, Static Lib, ...?

Zeljko A.

Hello to all...

So... I have a 'little' problem with the GAlib library of genetic algorithm
components. It is as follows: the GAlib package is given as a set of .c and
..h files and an user has to build a static library out of them; each of the
..c files has an #include directive in the form #include<ga/file_name.h>
(note: given is the folder name "ga", not only the file name). I'm using VS
..NET 2003 and try to create a Static Library project (Win32 Project, Static
Lib., not using precompiled...). Upon creating the project, I add all the .c
files in the Source Files folder in Solution Expl. and all the .h files in
the Header Files folder. When I try to build, multiple errors of the same
type occur: .c files cannot find .h files stated in the #include directive.
I tried to move .h files to another folder, I tried to define Additional
Includes, but still it doesn't work. I cry out to an experienced someone :)

Thanks in advance,
zh.

Zeljko A.

Oh, I solved the problem by setting Additional Includes to a folder ABOVE
the folder containing the .h files. However, compile errors are afoot now:
2143, 2072, 2059, 2054, 2085. Anyone have a clue?

zh.

Sensei

Oh, I solved the problem by setting Additional Includes to a folder ABOVE
the folder containing the .h files. However, compile errors are afoot now:
2143, 2072, 2059, 2054, 2085. Anyone have a clue?

zh.

Yes: posting to the GAlib mailing list (hope it has onw) probably is
what you need. Here we don't talk of specific libraries. In case GAlib
does not have a ML, post to your compiler's newsgroup, here we don't
talk about specific compilers.

Zeljko A.

Sensei said:
Yes: posting to the GAlib mailing list (hope it has onw) probably is
what you need. Here we don't talk of specific libraries. In case GAlib
does not have a ML, post to your compiler's newsgroup, here we don't
talk about specific compilers.

Sorry I posted prior to acquiring info on the newsgroup. Incidentally, I
found that the GAlib package is not compatible with MSVC7 and solved the
problem by using MSVC6.

zh.