    --
    Best regards,
    Laser Lu

    Laser Lu, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Laser Lu

    Cor Guest

    Hi Laser,

    You can go to this link (not the microsoft normal link) and type in
    "managed code" in the search

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/

    The garbage collection is a collection from unused objects which is cleaned
    by the framework time by time.

    I hope this helps,

    Cor

    Cor, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Those terms usually apply to the .NET environment. You might want to post
    this question in one of those NGs.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Laser Lu

    Bob Butler Guest

    "Wayne Wengert" <> wrote in message
    > Those terms usually apply to the .NET environment. You might want to
    > post this question in one of those NGs.

    It is; it's cross-posted to both dotnet and VB 'classic' groups so the

    Reply to the group so all can participate
    VB.Net... just say "No"

    Bob Butler, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Laser,
    In addition to the other's comments:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/faq111700.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/netstart/html/cpframeworkref_start.asp

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Jan 26, 2004
  6. Hi!

    Simply put, Managed Code refers to the code that executes within the
    confines and control of the Common Language Runtime (CLR), the Virtual
    Machine for the .NET Framework. And one of the benefits of using managed
    code is that you can allocate memory for the objects created by your
    application, without worrying about releasing that memory. The CLR is
    intelligent enough to decide when an object, allocated by your application,
    has become garbage (i.e., no longer being used by your application), and it
    will automatically collect all the garbage objects and release the
    associated memory. This process is termed as Garbage collection.

    The following articles by Jeffrey Richter will help you understand it
    better:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/1100/GCI/GCI.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/1200/GCI2/GCI2.asp

    --