garbage collector

Michael.F123

Hello!
I write in perl a litle server that start a function on many threads.
The problem is that my aplication crash on a big amount of connection,
but the threads are finishing succesfuly. Do you have any ideea why tje
garbage collector do not delete the objects afther the thread is
finished?

Regards,
Michael
(e-mail address removed)

usenet

Do you have any ideea why tje garbage collector
do not delete the objects afther the thread is finished?

Sure, I know exactly why. It's because your program has a logic error.

Michael.F123

Sure, I know exactly why. It's because your program has a logic error.

I think i use only 2 objects: the socket object the thread object. The
socket object i delete when the client close the connection and after i
close the connection the function end, so the thread ends also.

xhoster

I think i use only 2 objects:

If you showed us what you actually do, then we would be able to tell you if
you think right.
the socket object the thread object. The
socket object i delete when the client close the connection and after i
close the connection the function end, so the thread ends also.

Are you ever going to post some real code, or are we just going to keep
shooting randomly into the night?

5.8.0 has some memory leaks with threads which 5.8.8 doesn't.

Xho