    Without all of the above, there would be no gateway. My thanks to
    you all!

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Jul 7, 2006

  2. James Edward Gray II

    Guest

    On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:

    > Welcome back friends from the other side!
    >
    > We believe we have a working gateway between mailing list and newsgroup once
    > again. Please let me know if you notice any missing messages.
    >
    > We need to thank:
    >
    > * Dave Thomas who wrote the original code in 2001 that I only needed to
    > update a little to relaunch.
    > * Dennis Oelkers who was keeper of the gateway for so long and taught us
    > enough to take up the torch.
    > * Fred Senault who donated the newsgroup account we are using to manage the
    > comp.lang.ruby side of things.
    > * HighGroove Studos who is now hosting the gateway script. HighGroove
    > employee Charles Brian Quinn was essential in getting this running again.
    >
    > Without all of the above, there would be no gateway. My thanks to you all!
    >
    > James Edward Gray II

    james-

    i know we all appreciate this - thanks so much!

    -a
    --
    suffering increases your inner strength. also, the wishing for suffering
    makes the suffering disappear.

    , Jul 7, 2006

  3. 2006/7/7, James Edward Gray II <>:
    > Welcome back friends from the other side!
    >
    > We believe we have a working gateway between mailing list and
    > newsgroup once again. Please let me know if you notice any missing
    > messages.
    >
    > We need to thank:
    >
    > * Dave Thomas who wrote the original code in 2001 that I only needed
    > to update a little to relaunch.
    > * Dennis Oelkers who was keeper of the gateway for so long and taught
    > us enough to take up the torch.
    > * Fred Senault who donated the newsgroup account we are using to
    > manage the comp.lang.ruby side of things.
    > * HighGroove Studos who is now hosting the gateway script.
    > HighGroove employee Charles Brian Quinn was essential in getting this
    > running again.
    >
    > Without all of the above, there would be no gateway. My thanks to
    > you all!

    Applause! And many thanks!

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jul 7, 2006
  4. On 7/7/06, James Edward Gray II <> wrote:
    > Welcome back friends from the other side!

    great work!! ironically, i finally gave in and joined the mailing list
    a couple of days ago :)

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Jul 7, 2006
  5. James Edward Gray II

    Guest

    I'm sorry I just have to piont how when I originally suggested that the
    gateway be fixed, first I was ignored. Then when I insisted, I was
    ridiculed by posters saying essentially "we don't need no stinking
    gateway", "let the two forums have their own independent life", and "we
    don't want those nuby posts on the mailing list", etc. I worked to get
    something up, but ran in to too much resistance and eventually let it
    go. Now it's back up and everybody's singing praises. Mahatma Gandhi
    was right!

    Too Funny!

    Good work James.

    T.

    , Jul 7, 2006
  6. On Jul 7, 2006, at 1:31 PM, wrote:

    > I worked to get something up, but ran in to too much resistance and
    > eventually let it go.

    I'm harder to deter. *I* wanted the gateway back, so I put it back.
    It existed for years, it's part of the mailing list agreement, etc.,
    so I figured at least someone out there agreed with me. ;)

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Jul 7, 2006
  7. James Edward Gray II

    Jacob Fugal Guest

    On 7/7/06, <> wrote:
    > "we don't want those nuby posts on the mailing list"

    As far as I remember, this sentiment only ever came up with regards to
    that *other* gateway. I can't imagine any from the mailing-list side
    of the gateway feeling that way about the denizens of c.l.r. :)

    Jacob Fugal

    Jacob Fugal, Jul 7, 2006
  8. James Edward Gray II ha scritto:
    > Welcome back friends from the other side!
    >
    > We believe we have a working gateway between mailing list and newsgroup
    > once again. Please let me know if you notice any missing messages.

    hooray!

    <snip>

    > Without all of the above, there would be no gateway. My thanks to you
    > all!

    I can't even start to say how much I'm thankful :)

    gabriele renzi, Jul 8, 2006
  9. James Edward Gray II

    Hans Fugal Guest

    James Edward Gray II wrote:
    > Welcome back friends from the other side!

    Many many many thanks! It's so good to be back. And next time the
    gateway goes down (may it be a long time) let's all remember to at least
    consult the comp.lang.ruby citizens before (or after) deciding it's not
    worth fixing. Thanks again James!

    Hans Fugal, Jul 8, 2006