    the actual client computername.

    Thanks,

    Joseph
    Joseph, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Joseph

    Raterus Guest

    I've read lots of stuff on this, and the easy answer is it can't be done. The computername is something the browser doesn't need to tell the server, so it doesn't. But if you are in an intranet environment, hopefully you have a decent DNS setup that maps ip's to computernames, and should be able to do a lookup on the IP address.

    Raterus, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Joseph

    Joseph Guest

    Acutally found a way.

    Here's a link to one method that didn't work, but I think it was a
    configuration issue on DNS and .net Framework somewhere.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...emWebHttpRequestClassUserHostAddressTopic.asp

    Here's another method that worked like a champ.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemnetdnsclasstopic.asp

    Thanks,

    Joseph

    Joseph, Apr 23, 2004