gem buffer error (1.2.0)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by John Long, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. John Long

    John Long Guest

    When I execute some gem commands -- "gem outdated" -- I get a buffer
    error.

    I tried reinstalling gem with the "update_rubygems" command, which
    worked, and still get the error.

    Also ran "gem cleanup", which worked, and still get the error.

    This seems to be a recurring issue with gem as I have had this happen
    many times with older versions and from searching google it seems others
    have as well. Is it really that hard to resolve this issue?

    Here is the output from "gem enviroment".

    RubyGems Environment:
    - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.2.0
    - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32]
    - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/Program Files/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
    - RUBY EXECUTABLE: C:/Program Files/Ruby/bin/ruby.exe
    - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: C:/Program Files/Ruby/bin
    - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86-mswin32-60
    - GEM PATHS:
    - C:/Program Files/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
    - GEM CONFIGURATION:
    - :update_sources => true
    - :verbose => true
    - :benchmark => false