buffer error while executing gem

Ronald Fischer

Hello,

when running on Windows XP gem.exe which comes with Ruby 1.8.5, I get
the following error:

H:\>C:\ruby185\bin\gem install net-ssh
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency needle? [Yn]
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Zlib::BufError)
buffer error

What could be the reason? Here is my gem environment:

H:\>C:\ruby185\bin\gem environment
RubyGems Environment:
- VERSION: 0.9.2 (0.9.2)
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/ruby185/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- GEM PATH:
- C:/ruby185/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- REMOTE SOURCES:
- http://gems.rubyforge.org

Ronald
--=20
Ronald Fischer <[email protected]>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162
=20

Jano Svitok

Hello,

when running on Windows XP gem.exe which comes with Ruby 1.8.5, I get
the following error:

H:\>C:\ruby185\bin\gem install net-ssh
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency needle? [Yn]
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Zlib::BufError)
buffer error

What could be the reason? Here is my gem environment:

H:\>C:\ruby185\bin\gem environment
RubyGems Environment:
- VERSION: 0.9.2 (0.9.2)
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/ruby185/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- GEM PATH:
- C:/ruby185/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- REMOTE SOURCES:
- http://gems.rubyforge.org
See previous thread named: ANN: RubyGems 0.9.3 Released