Gem install mysql goes wrong

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bruno Sousa, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. Bruno Sousa

    Bruno Sousa Guest

    Everyone,
    I've been trying to install mysql in a debian box and can't get it done:

    # gem install mysql
    ERROR: Error installing mysql:

    /usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    checking for main() in -lm... yes
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    checking for main() in -lz... no
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    checking for main() in -lsocket... no
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    checking for main() in -lnsl... yes
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    checking for main() in -lmygcc... no
    checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
    *** extconf.rb failed ***
    necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
    details. You may need configuration options.

    Provided configuration options:
    --with-opt-dir
    --without-opt-dir
    --with-opt-include
    --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
    --with-opt-lib
    --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
    --with-make-prog
    --without-make-prog
    --srcdir=.
    --curdir
    --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby1.8
    --with-mysql-config
    --without-mysql-config
    --with-mysql-dir
    --without-mysql-dir
    --with-mysql-include
    --without-mysql-include=${mysql-dir}/include
    --with-mysql-lib
    --without-mysql-lib=${mysql-dir}/lib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib
    --with-mlib
    --without-mlib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib
    --with-zlib
    --without-zlib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib
    --with-socketlib
    --without-socketlib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib
    --with-nsllib
    --without-nsllib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib
    --with-mygcclib
    --without-mygcclib
    --with-mysqlclientlib
    --without-mysqlclientlib

    Gem files will remain installed in
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.8.1 for inspection.
    Results logged to
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.8.1/ext/mysql_api/gem_make.out

    What's wrong?

    Regards

    Bruno Sousa, Nov 3, 2009

  2. Aldric Giacomoni, Nov 3, 2009

  3. Bruno Sousa

    spox Guest

    On Tuesday 03 November 2009 11:54:42 am Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
    > Bruno Sousa wrote:
    > > Everyone,
    > > I've been trying to install mysql in a debian box and can't get it done:

    > Not sure if this'll help you, but ..
    > http://trevoke.net/blog/2009/04/19/install-the-mysql-gem-on-ubuntu/
    >
    > You're most likely missing a package?

    Yes, you are missing a package.

    sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev

    - spox

    spox, Nov 4, 2009