gem mysql on windows problem

jason joo

hi guys
I used to running ruby apps on ubuntu but someone else would running them on
win32.
recently I find a problem in gem "mysql" on ruby 1.9.2.
I connect, query, query.
but it seems that the connection aborts when the first query completes and
then the second query ends with error "not connected".

this issue seems to exist on win32 only.

is there any solution?

thanks
jason

Luis Lavena

[Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

hi guys
I used to running ruby apps on ubuntu but someone else would running themon
win32.
recently I find a problem in gem "mysql" on ruby 1.9.2.
I connect, query, query.
but it seems that the connection aborts when the first query completes and
then the second query ends with error "not connected".

this issue seems to exist on win32 only.

is there any solution?

On Linux you compile everything, on Windows there are binary gems
provided, so:

Specifically what version of Ruby (ruby -v) are you talking about?

What version of mysql gem did you installed?

Is the MySQL server local? What version of MySQL is?

Have you copied libmysql.dll into Ruby\bin as described by
RubyInstaller tutorials?

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials

If so, what version of libmysql.dll have you copied?

Help us help you.

jason joo

yeah, it works !
thanks a lot
though I have used the one-click-installer the "libmysql.dll" is not
contained in it
so I feel confused that why not publishing the installer with it if the bin
file require a centain version one?

thanks again
jason

2010/9/15 Luis Lavena said:

[...]

No MySQL libraires are included in the installers, is up to you.

The libmysql.dll used with mysql binary gem needs to be 5.0.x, attempt
to use 5.1.x versions of the DLL will results in segfaults due
internal MySQL changes.