General ASPNet question about WebServers and Java

Sam

Hi

We are thinking of moving a Windows App to a Browser.
We were thinking of using DotNet.
A few questions I have deals with what if a client has Unix environment???

If we write the Business Logic in DotNet
1)If the Client has a Unix WebServer like Apache can they direct aspx
requests to a windows box running IIS?? Is there a way to have multiple Web
Servers running??? IS that common ????

2)Can the user write their own client in Java and access our Business Logic
on a IIS box???
Will that be difficult????

Anything else I need to consider with a mixed environment???

Thanks

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

1. Yes you can but you will need to expose your business layer thru
webservices for instance. That's really not a big deal to do. It boils down
to tacking on a [Webmethod] attribute to the methods you want to expose
(there is some more stuff but that will get you by)

2. See 1. Without exposing your logic, nothing else can call into your
code - for the most part.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP