Generate Barcode in PDF?

Andrew Edwards

Hi,

I am searching for a way to dynamically generate a barcode as part of
a PDF.

I have come across a number of older threads and discussions but no
one seemed to confirm a tested working solution.

I wondered if anyone had since tackled the problem?

Gregory Seidman

Hi,

I am searching for a way to dynamically generate a barcode as part of
a PDF.

I have come across a number of older threads and discussions but no
one seemed to confirm a tested working solution.

I wondered if anyone had since tackled the problem?

There are innumerable free implementations of barcode generation. I don't
know of a wrapper around one of the libraries, but it should be pretty
simple to implement. Perhaps this library would be a good start:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zint

Write a C extension and you're good to go. Once you have the output in some
format, you should be able to turn it into a PDF one way or another (e.g.
RMagick).

--Greg

Foreero Ivan

how print barcodes in pdf quickly ????
without Rmagick , i do that with gbarcode but is slowly when I generated
many barcodes

Mikel Lindsaar

how print barcodes in pdf quickly ????
without Rmagick , i do that with gbarcode but is slowly when I generated
many barcodes

barby.rubyforge.org ?

No idea on speed though.

Mikel