    I have come across a number of older threads and discussions but no
    one seemed to confirm a tested working solution.

    I wondered if anyone had since tackled the problem?
    Andrew Edwards, Sep 13, 2007

  2. On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:35:10PM +0900, Andrew Edwards wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am searching for a way to dynamically generate a barcode as part of
    > a PDF.
    >
    > I have come across a number of older threads and discussions but no
    > one seemed to confirm a tested working solution.
    >
    > I wondered if anyone had since tackled the problem?

    There are innumerable free implementations of barcode generation. I don't
    know of a wrapper around one of the libraries, but it should be pretty
    simple to implement. Perhaps this library would be a good start:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/zint

    Write a C extension and you're good to go. Once you have the output in some
    format, you should be able to turn it into a PDF one way or another (e.g.
    RMagick).

    --Greg
    Gregory Seidman, Sep 13, 2007

  3. Andrew Edwards

    Foreero Ivan Guest

    how print barcodes in pdf quickly ????
    without Rmagick , i do that with gbarcode but is slowly when I generated
    many barcodes

    Foreero Ivan, Apr 23, 2008
  4. On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Foreero Ivan <> wrote:
    > how print barcodes in pdf quickly ????
    > without Rmagick , i do that with gbarcode but is slowly when I generated
    > many barcodes

    barby.rubyforge.org ?

    No idea on speed though.

    Mikel