    have searched and come up with 'cewolf','jfreechat','jasper-reports'.
    Any other options available?

    P.S. : I want this to run on Linux(RHEL), so AJAX is not an option.

    ruds, Jun 1, 2013

  2. In article
    <>,
    ruds <> wrote:

    > I'm in a squeeze!! I want to generate a bar graph in JSP with values
    > from mysql.One page displays the data and I want the chart to be
    > displayed on the next page. Which is best free software for this? I
    > have searched and come up with 'cewolf','jfreechat','jasper-reports'.
    > Any other options available?

    I know that JFreeChart <http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/> works well in
    this context.

    > P.S. : I want this to run on Linux(RHEL), so AJAX is not an option.

    I don't understand how these two technologies might be incompatible.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Jun 1, 2013

  3. On 06/01/2013 10:40 AM, John B. Matthews wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > ruds <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm in a squeeze!! I want to generate a bar graph in JSP with values
    >> from mysql.One page displays the data and I want the chart to be
    >> displayed on the next page. Which is best free software for this? I
    >> have searched and come up with 'cewolf','jfreechat','jasper-reports'.
    >> Any other options available?

    > I know that JFreeChart <http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/> works well in
    > this context.

    I agree. Or Jasper.

    >> P.S. : I want this to run on Linux(RHEL), so AJAX is not an option.

    > I don't understand how these two technologies might be incompatible.

    In fact, John, you understand full well that they are apples and
    oranges. :)

    The only thing I can figure is that reading truly bad articles may make
    a novice believe that AJAX requires Windows on the server.

    AHS
    --
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign:
    that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    Arved Sandstrom, Jun 1, 2013
  4. ruds

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 6/1/2013 2:38 AM, ruds wrote:
    > I'm in a squeeze!! I want to generate a bar graph in JSP with values
    > from mysql.One page displays the data and I want the chart to be
    > displayed on the next page. Which is best free software for this? I
    > have searched and come up with 'cewolf','jfreechat','jasper-reports'.
    > Any other options available?

    I would go for JFreeChart.

    Generate IMG tag in JSP with SRC as a servlet that uses JFreeChart
    to generate image based on data and return.

    I think I have an old code example on the shelf that I can
    post if you are interested.

    > P.S. : I want this to run on Linux(RHEL), so AJAX is not an option.

    AJAX is certainly possible with Linux server side. It is probably
    even the most widely used OS for server side handling AJAX requests.

    And if you are using Java EE then you should completely
    independent of OS.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 1, 2013