Generating Letters

Mick Walker

Hi, I am looking for tutorials related to generating letters.

If possible I would like these letters to be generated in Microsoft Word
format, as that way they can be directly imported into my companies records
management system.
I have looked at various methods, Crystal Reports seems a little over kill
for what I need, as I am only importing very basic data to the letter (name,
address, title date ect), I had a breif look at word interop, and that
worked well, but I read somewhere that it shouldnt be used with asp.net -
why is this?

So I am just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials to help me
generate letters. Ideally, I would like to run it via a webservice, so that
it can be consumed in more than one application, simply passing a ClientID
of the recipient is all I envisage to call the service.

Any suggestions of tutorials / further reading would be great.
Kind Regards

Mick Walker

Thanks for your reply Mark.

I did have a brief look at aspose, however the main thing that turned me off
it, is the fact that is is propriatry software.
Now I wouldnt be opposed to putting a request for the software in to my
employers, however the problem is I work for the Civil Service, so by the
time, the request is authorised, the software is ordered, and all the paper
pushers have had their 2p worth, my deadline will be up.
I recently (accidently) let our Telerik control suite subscription expire, 3
months later, I am still waiting on it being renewed.

So aspose isnt really an option for me at the moment.

Do you have any other suggestions?