Generating RTF with Python

Andreas Jung

Hi,

does anyone know of a high-level solution to produce RTF from Python
(something similar to
Reportlab for producing PDF)?

Thanks,
Andreas

Axel Straschil

Hello!
does anyone know of a high-level solution to produce RTF from Python=20
(something similar to
Reportlab for producing PDF)?

Spend hours of googeling and searching, also in this NG, about two
months ago. My conclusion is: On windwos, maybe you can include some
hacks with dll's, under linux, linux support for generating rtf is none,
and so is python's.

My workaround was:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
This includes an html2rtf converter, which I access from python via
popen and temporary files. Not high-level, not very sexy ... ;-(

Lg,
AXEL.

Max M

Axel said:
Hello!

Spend hours of googeling and searching, also in this NG, about two
months ago. My conclusion is: On windwos, maybe you can include some
hacks with dll's, under linux, linux support for generating rtf is none,
and so is python's.

My workaround was:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
This includes an html2rtf converter, which I access from python via
popen and temporary files. Not high-level, not very sexy ... ;-(

I looked at this a while ago, which might be a starter.

http://pyrtf.sourceforge.net/

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science

Harry George

Axel Straschil said:
Hello!

Spend hours of googeling and searching, also in this NG, about two
months ago. My conclusion is: On windwos, maybe you can include some
hacks with dll's, under linux, linux support for generating rtf is none,
and so is python's.

My workaround was:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
This includes an html2rtf converter, which I access from python via
popen and temporary files. Not high-level, not very sexy ... ;-(

Lg,
AXEL.

I generate docbook and convert that to rtf. I generate the docbook
from my pdx markup:

http://www.seanet.com/~hgg9140/comp/index.html#L007

If you go this route, your python code is actually writing pdx, and
you need a 2 step conversion (pdx2docbook.py, then openjade for the
xml-to-rtf step).