get data from excel and word

Kat

I have Visual Studio 2005 and do not have Visual Studio 2005 Tools for
Office.

I just want to be able to get data from a word 2003 document and put it in a
label. How can I do that?

Masudur

I have Visual Studio 2005 and do not have Visual Studio 2005 Tools for
Office.

I just want to be able to get data from a word 2003 document and put it in a
label. How can I do that?

yap

you need a activex control...
Tx office doucument viewer... or some thing like that

Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Mark Rae

I have Visual Studio 2005 and do not have Visual Studio 2005 Tools for
Office.

I just want to be able to get data from a word 2003 document and put it in
a label. How can I do that?

Ignore the earlier reply about ActiveX controls...

If you want to extract tabular data from Excel, you can treat it as a
datasource with ADO.NET:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB220GB220&q=Excel+"ADO.NET"

However, there is no OleDb provider for Word, so you will need something
like this:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx

Don't even think about trying to use server-side Office Automation in an
ASP.NET solution - Microsoft don't support it because it doesn't work:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

Kat

I do not know what you mean. What active x control. I search for Tx office
doucument viewer and do not find anything. when find, what do with it.

Mark Rae

I do not know what you mean. What active x control. I search for Tx
office doucument viewer and do not find anything. when find, what do with
it.

See me earlier reply...

Kat

Thanks so much, exactly what I needed!