get mobile's language

Chameleon

How can I get the mobile's active language?

I create a midlet with many language support and I want to run in active
language of mobile. If this language not supported then in english.

Is this possible or it is platform dependent?

Darryl L. Pierce

Chameleon said:
How can I get the mobile's active language?

I create a midlet with many language support and I want to run in active
language of mobile. If this language not supported then in english.

Is this possible or it is platform dependent?

It's platform dependant in that the platform would need to have created
proprietary APIs to give you that information; i.e., the MIDP knows
nothing about Locales, unfortunately. So you would have to either
provide your MIDlet in separate, locale-specific suites or else make the
language file external and give the user a means for selecting their
language from the list. This latter means is how we did it at a previous
company.