GetObject error in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by pardesiya, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. pardesiya

    pardesiya Guest

    Hi,

    I tried posting this a couple of hours ago but hasnt appeared. So
    apologies if this post ultimately appears twice.

    Problem:
    The below code in aspx.vb works fine when I run in my PC using MS
    Visual Web Developer integrated with IIS. .NET version is 2.0

    objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")

    However, once I move this to a Win200 server running IIS 5.0, it gives
    the error "Cannot create ActiveX component".

    What am I missing here?

    Much appreciate yout advice.

    Thanks,
    pd