Getting a mailer script to work

Doug Parker

I'm trying to get a script to email some results to a certain address. I've read about the cdont system, but nothing happens when I execute my script. Here's a version that isn't working:

Dim objCDO
Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

' This code assumes the above CDO
' instantiation code is included
objCDO.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
objCDO.From = "(e-mail address removed)"

Dim txtSubject
txtSubject = "Message text"

objCDO.Subject = "Message Subject"
objCDO.Body = txtSubject
objCDO.Send

'Cleanup
Set objCDO = Nothing

I'm doing this for a client and posting to a remote server, so I have no idea how to check and see if it's installed, but they did send me the following when I inquired about their smtp facilities:

AspTear - Acts like a Web client and pulls data from Web pages; performs POST, GET and SSL functions
w3JMail - Mailer component; current version in use by Interland w3SiteTree - Site tree component used to make navigation trees
SAFileUp - Used to upload files; current version in use by Interland SACheck - Used to validate form input ASPMail - ASP Mailer
ASPPop3 - POP3 client for ASP
AspLib - General function library for ASP
ASPDNS - DNS Lookup and reverse lookup
AspImage - Creates or modifies images "on the fly"
email.dll - Mailer component
pricekey.dll - Cart 32 for shopping carts
cdonts.dll - Mailer component
pfppross.dll - SSL functions

Verizon will support the above DLLs by doing the following:

Verify that the DLL is installed by checking the registry on the server
Verify that the permissions for the DLL are correct for global uses.

I see that cdonts.dll is installed, but I don't know how to "Verify that the DLL is installed by checking the registry on the server"

I know PHP and Unix, not Microsoft. Please help.

Thanks...