Getting a mailer script to work

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Doug Parker, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Doug Parker

    Doug Parker Guest

    I'm trying to get a script to email some results to a certain address. I've read about the cdont system, but nothing happens when I execute my script. Here's a version that isn't working:

    Dim objCDO
    Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    ' This code assumes the above CDO
    ' instantiation code is included
    objCDO.To = ""
    objCDO.From = ""

    Dim txtSubject
    txtSubject = "Message text"

    objCDO.Subject = "Message Subject"
    objCDO.Body = txtSubject

    Set objCDO = Nothing

    I'm doing this for a client and posting to a remote server, so I have no idea how to check and see if it's installed, but they did send me the following when I inquired about their smtp facilities:

    AspTear - Acts like a Web client and pulls data from Web pages; performs POST, GET and SSL functions
    w3JMail - Mailer component; current version in use by Interland w3SiteTree - Site tree component used to make navigation trees
    SAFileUp - Used to upload files; current version in use by Interland SACheck - Used to validate form input ASPMail - ASP Mailer
    ASPPop3 - POP3 client for ASP
    AspLib - General function library for ASP
    ASPDNS - DNS Lookup and reverse lookup
    AspImage - Creates or modifies images "on the fly"
    email.dll - Mailer component
    pricekey.dll - Cart 32 for shopping carts
    cdonts.dll - Mailer component
    pfppross.dll - SSL functions

    Verizon will support the above DLLs by doing the following:

    Verify that the DLL is installed by checking the registry on the server
    Verify that the permissions for the DLL are correct for global uses.

    I see that cdonts.dll is installed, but I don't know how to "Verify that the DLL is installed by checking the registry on the server"

    I know PHP and Unix, not Microsoft. Please help.

    Doug Parker, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Bullschmidt

    Bullschmidt Guest

    You might try switching from CDONTS (which is being phased out) to the
    newer CDO such as can be seen in the E-mail Attachment example at

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Consultant

    *** Sent via Developersdex ***
    Bullschmidt, Apr 19, 2004