Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") Problem

MichaelK

What do I need to do to enable CDONTS om my macine to make it working

I'm testing the code:

Dim objCDO
Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDO.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
objCDO.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objCDO.Subject = "TESST CDONTS MAIL"
objCDO.Body = "SOME TEXT TO SEND OVER"
objCDO.Send
Set objCDO = Nothing

It gives me an error after Set objCDO =
Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string

paul

Here's a nice CDO link even if you don't use the attachment part:
Email (with Attachment)
http://www.asp101.com/samples/email_attach.asp

And CDO is generally used instead of CDONTS on IIS 5 and after
(actually the SMTP service within IIS) which is generally on servers
after Win NT4 (although I think CDONTS is sometimes still supported
too).

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Jeff Cochran

What do I need to do to enable CDONTS om my macine to make it working

I'm testing the code:

Dim objCDO
Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDO.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
objCDO.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objCDO.Subject = "TESST CDONTS MAIL"
objCDO.Body = "SOME TEXT TO SEND OVER"
objCDO.Send
Set objCDO = Nothing

It gives me an error after Set objCDO =
Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string

1) USE CDO, CDONTS is deprecated.

2) CDONTS doesn't exist on Server 2003

3) See: http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/112298-1.shtml

Jeff

MichaelK

Thanks Kyle.
This is a good one, I'm talking about method 3 on this page.

All others suggested samples didn't work for me by some reason.
Michael

Kyle Peterson

your welcome, in my opinion that is one of the better CDOSYS articles
available on the web...
to the point and shows some different examples of various emailing sending
methods with CDOSYS

CDOSYS is very flexible..