Getting available fonts

Aaron Gray

Is there anyway to get a list of all the availiable fonts in Javascript ?

Aaron

VK

The said:
I doubt if even that would work to get, for instance, all the Adobe
fonts or the Corel Draw fonts on a system. Might be fun to try though.

DialogHelper returns all system-registered fonts on the current
machine: thus all fonts in %windows%fonts folder - or located in any
other folder but installed through the "Install new font option". AFAIK
neither modern Adobe nor Corel do not "hide" their fonts from the
system, so I see no problem whatsoever.

I just got the list of my fonts added by CorelDraw 6.0 - no problems of
any kind.

That can be an issue on some really old Windows (95/98) with "font list
overflow" problem. On these systems one can have 256 fonts installed
maximum, after that some fonts may randomly disappear from the list.
Some old publishing software with rich font sets fought it by hiding
its fonts into separate folder and not registering them in Windows. But
it is all kind of pre-historic issues IMHO.